Jesus Christ Youth Ministries

Jesus Christ Youth Ministries
2.Acts 2:17

Friday, January 8, 2010

The Vision



The vision of Jesus Christ Ministries is something that has been brewing in my spirit for a long time.  I had this vision in my early 20s.  God gave me a clear picture of a ministry that reached out to youth, especially the youth of the Virgin Islands where I grew up.  I managed with the guidance of my mother and stepfather to stay away from the streets, drugs and gangs while I was growning up.  Unfortunately that is the norm in the Virgin Islands.  The majority of children are supported by single mothers and raised without a father figure present, especially a godly father figure. 

From my own experiences, I know first hand of the dire consequences that await those who fall to the path of the streets, drugs, gangs and the pursuit of fast riches.  I also know first hand of the demonic oppressions that rules of over the islands.  It seems that there is a darkness that has yet to be pierced that possess control of most of the inhabitants.  While most people live their daily lives and never even think or see this, God has pulled back the veil and shown me that there is a serious demonic hold on the Virgin Islands.  There are many God-fearing and faithful believers that reside there, but if you just take a look at the daily newspapers you could get a glipse of what prevails.  The youth are the ones mostly at risk, especially the young men.  They are drawn by the glamourful life of drugs and ill-gotten money. Almost daily, someone's life is ended by senseless violence.  I know this is not a very uplifting subject; but in order to solve the problems of the islands, we must first confront them.  The reason for this is because we have left the safety of Our Father and His Son Jesus Christ. That is the Truth, even though many are opposed to truth, there is no escaping from it.  We must be realists and confront the wares and devices of our immortal enemies.  There are principalities and powers that seek to destroy our very souls.  The most powerful tool that they wield is to cause us to refuse to acknowledge their very existence.  Satan and his cohorts, my friends, are very real; though he would have us reduce him to simply tales and fables, that is exactly what he wants, so he can go about with his plans unexposed.  Those who continue to walk into the traps and snares that he lays will know that the devil is real only when it is all but too late.  There are those who do not believe, and then there are those who openly worship Satan, believing that he is their friend, and that their best interests are his.  Think again, for the devil comes as a roaring lion as describe in 1.1 Peter 5:8 (Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour). 

Back to the vision.  The Lord clearly as day said to me to write the vision, to make it plain, so he whom sees it may run.  The vision was to develop a christ-based youth ministry and center.  The pilot center would be be developed on St. Croix with others to soon follow.  We would provide an outlet for young men, women and children to learn the truth about Jesus Christ, and nurture them as believers and evangalists to continue to spread the good news of Jesus Christ and His coming kingdom with the elements of music and media arts.
 
At first, I was excited and started telling friends and family about the vision. It was my very same friends and family members who ridiculed me and laughed at the vision.  They would say, "boy, you're not a pastor" and "chuups, you just like your Uncle Hill'.  I had to laugh at that last comment because I spent a lot of time with my uncle.  Most people ridicule him also because he wasn't very learned but he was a man of fire for God.  He also was human and made his share of mistakes. The sad thing is folks are so quick to judge you especially if you stand for God. The words of Christ ring ever so true; "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you," 1.John 15:18.  So with that being said, I take it all with a grain of salt (please excuse the cliche).

Now more than ever God is impressing on my heart and mind to bring forth the vision.  While the vision is still in the blueprint stages, I feel moved to write the vision and allow God to provide the resources and people needed to bring it to fruition. I realize that I am just a vessel for the vision and lacking of the resources to do something this huge and exhaustive by myself.  I have often expressed this, but God has given me a word that He has more than enough resources.  If He has touch your heart with this vision, I am open to any assistance anyone can provide, be it prayer, finances, knowledge, or expertise.  Please feel free to contact me on my cell 813-380-5918 and leave me a message or drop me an line @ my email.  laurentgroup@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check Out The Hottest Christian Rapper - He Prolly Don't Want That Label, But It Is What It Is!

Got Questions for God? Then Read This Book!