Jesus Christ Youth Ministries

Jesus Christ Youth Ministries
2.Acts 2:17

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Urban D -- Crossover Church

You ever met someone and whatever they do they just seem to reflect Christ.  That's what I see whenever I am around Urban D.  And take this from me, I am not one to put anyone up on a pedestal nor do I worship preachers.  It's just when I am around this brother, he is some meek and christlike.  First time, I saw I was like, this dude looks like a straight gangster, with the braids and street gear.  I am here chuckling to myself cuz that's funny to me. I have my moments when I allow Christ to shine through me, but I know I have so far to go.  For instance, when I get around my old crowd, I caught myself saying things I know good and plenty I wouldn't say if I was in church.  I sometimes feel like the Apostle Peter after he betrayed Christ 3 times before the cock crowed.  Guess what gives me hope.  When I hear Urban D talking about the times he backslide and sometimes reverted back to his old ways.  It gives me strength to know that it's just part of growing in Christ.  Christ doesn't want or need you to wait until you fix everything thats wrong in you.  That's what the Holy Spirit is for. This is the same spirit that lives in Jesus Christ, that wants to come and live in you.
Anyway, I gotta say that Pastor Tommy aka Urban D is one of the most laid back and righteous cats I have ever met and not only that; this dude can spit and he gives a mean sermon.  If you are ever in the Tampa Bay area be sure to stop by Crossover Church and visit the website for more info.  http://crossoverchurch.org/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check Out The Hottest Christian Rapper - He Prolly Don't Want That Label, But It Is What It Is!

Got Questions for God? Then Read This Book!